Thursday, December 8, 2011

Rebuilding from the disaster...

I haven't written since I made my goals known for the month.  The start of this month has been disastrous lol.  Lets recap on my goals, and where I currently stand with them:


1).  Play at least 350 games. 


So far I have played 80 games.  Yesterday was the first wednesday in a long time where I didn't play at all.  The gym has taken its toll, and I don't feel in the mood when I get home.  I'm sure that'l change the longer this becomes routine, but for the moment I just wanna kick back and relax when I get home.


2).  Play exclusively $33's only dropping to $23's if I have a negative ROI after 100 games, OR if the action is crazy slow. 


The action was kinda slow, but not slow enough to play mostly $23's.  So far I have played 35 x $34's and 45 x $23's.  The main reason is because I started the month losing $400 in 2 days playing $33s!


3).  Try to make as few mistakes as possible.

I have made so many mistakes that tracking them at this stage is just far too much of a headache.  I am nowhere near good enough yet, nor am I that experienced/in the habit in marking each and every potential mistake.  As a result I forget to mark a lot of these instances, so I am going to scrap this idea, and maybe take another shot at it sometime in the future. 

4).  Continue to study (typically on monday / tuesday) by watching videos, contributing in forums, and using pokerstove to improve my knowledge on hand ranges.   

Not really done much of this either.  TBH, gym time and foosball have been my main focuses this month.  


5).  Achieve a minimum win rate of 55%


Lol, currently at 47.5%, but it was a lot worse before tonight.  I went on an 8-2 run tonight which has helped.  


So yeah to summarize, I have completely lost the love for this month after the first 2 days of raping I recieved at the $33's.  I started out so motivated and excited to see what kinda money I could make this money after moving up in stakes, but now I am having to rebuild, it is simply not as fun.  


I must stress that I was not outplayed at the $34s.. I played a few more regs than at the $23 level, but most of this downswing was tilt/running bad.  When I get back to $1500 for bank roll then I will start playing $34s again.  As for the other goals, I will continue to aim towards 55% winrate and 350 games.  Other than that, the rest will go out the window :P


And Man Utd got knocked out of the champions league.. What a load of shit that was!! 


Current bankroll:  $1393

No comments:

Post a Comment