Tuesday, January 17, 2012

2012 - whats next?

I am late in goal setting and even playing poker in general this month.  Mostly due to my trip to France, but also other things. 

For anyone interested in the foosball tournament results:
Mens doubles - 2nd, Mens team event - 5th


I want to talk about life balance, goals, and organisation for a minute.  I feel that right now, my life organisation is hindering my poker progress.  I mean this on a psychological level, not just causing volume problems.  For me to completely focus when playing poker, there are a number of things that need to be OK first.  


1).  My house must be tidy


2).  I must be eating well


3).  Going to the gym regularly


I have decided not to bother setting any poker goals for the month of January (at this point its a little late anyway) mainly because I am making it my priority to tidy up my house.  There are a couple of rooms in the house which will always be a challenge due to my wife running a daycare business out of our house, but there is absolutely no excuse for the majority of the house.  


I have been reading the poker mindset (a great book I got for christmas) and am full of motivation to correct everything psychologically at this point.  I don't feel like I can really put solid volume (whilst playing A game!), untill I have adressed these 3 short term life goals.  


I am working out and eating pretty well at the moment, so its just the house to go!  Hopefully by February I will feel fully committed both mentally and physically to putting in a solid month!  


Ironically, I am having a better month than last month even tho I have not put in much volume at all, and also have not really felt focused.  Short term results are always so very interesting :P


Games played: 17


$33:  W4 - L1
$30 (reg speed): W7 - L2
$23:  W1 - L2


Net profit:


$203


Bankroll:


$1875.90


Like I've said though, for right now, organising my life is the priority.  These results mean nothing.  I will continue to keep reading the poker mindset, and aim for February to be the start of some serious volume and focus.  If I finish January with more than $2K bankroll, I will start taking occasional shots at the $50 games in February.

No comments:

Post a Comment