Thursday, February 2, 2012

February - Happyham wins a free hour of coaching!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCXNK_KDL1c


Travelling is one of my biggest passions in life.  As I type, there is a blizzard warning for western Nebraska.  Nuff said. 



January's summary:









As you can see, hardly any volume plus running about 20,000 chips above EV.  This is my best month to date though in terms of net profit! :D


I can honestly say I feel like I played my most consistent poker this month.  Although it might be because I didn't play as much as I normally do, so there wasn't as much of a mental discipline issue.

February poker goals:


Play 350 games - I have a foosball tournament mid month, plus February is a short month anyway.
Play at least 20% of these games at the $50 level - If I go on a downswing, I am allowed to drop down to lower levels.
Finish the poker mindset book! - I have a month to do it.  No excuses. 
1 session a week with my poker buddy - We have used teamviewer/skype to view and review his (yet to review mine) play, as well as discuss hand histories and other theory. I wanna keep this going once a week, preferably Monday.  

Free coaching:


I regularly read hokiegregs blog and strongly reccomend it for anyone who enjoys poker/motivational videos and articles. www.hokiegreg.com.  After posting a video of himself going to the gym, one of his friends posted a parody of this video on his blog.  Hokie thought it would be amusing to run a competition for 'best parody video', but made it clear it didnt have to be a parody based on his gym video.  It was almost open to anything.  The video with the most votes wins a free hour of coaching from Hokie himself.

After a few days of voting I noticed one of the videos shoot up in votes suddenly, so I decided that he must've been asking for votes, lol.  So I decided to whore myself out to the facebook world and ask all my friends to vote for me.  Thankfully I won the vote, after it rapidly became a 2 horse race between myself and DHCG86. 



I'm very excited to work with Hokie, all be it just for an hour.  I rate him as one of the best teachers out there, and will take in as much as I can in the session.  


Thanks again for everyone who voted for me!  


Good luck everyone in whatever you go for!


 





No comments:

Post a Comment