Monday, February 13, 2012

Saturday night highlight... Denny's



I decided to take my wife out for a meal on Saturday as a half valentines day type meal..  Relax people, I've got her a gift as well.  Let's hope she likes NBA's greatest dunks on DVD as much as I do... 


Anyways, it was a meal of her choice.  There is not a whole lot of choice where I live, and she picked Denny's, Lol.  Classy.  


We took Jessa with us, and took a few snap shots messing around.  I thought it was time I showed everyone how beautiful my baby girl is, and once again how terribly ugly I am.. Please excuse the food in my mouth..





Weekends stats:




Happy with my volume, but definitely gotta start playing more $50's.  Whenever I am running below EV, I end up being pretty conservative with bankroll management. However, I wasn't really running THAT badly over the weekend. 




Considering I ran fairly bad over the weekend, I am happy with the results.  My play was good, and thats all I have control over! 


Next week I am not sure how much I am gonna play.  With Foosmania (Nebraska's state foosball tournament) coming up on Friday I am in desperate need of some practice.  I am gonna aim to play 50 games by Friday. 


Hand of the day:

Hero (SB): 1,498.00
BB: 1,502.00

Hero posts SB 15.00, BB posts BB 30.00

Pre Flop: (45.00) Hero has Jh Td

Hero raises to 60.00, BB raises to 150.00, Hero calls 90.00

Flop: (300.00, 2 players) Kd 6c Qh
BB bets 150.00, Hero calls 150.00

Turn: (600.00, 2 players) 3c
BB bets 300.00, Hero calls 300.00

River: (1200.00, 2 players) 2c
BB checks, Hero bets 898.00 and is all-in, fold

Hero wins 1,200.00
 



I have been reading a book called 'Let there be range' (still reading 'The poker mindset' also!), and it has been very interesting indeed.  

One thing it talks about is how a common leak at low stakes is how people don't triple barrel enough against the right type of player.  
They can 3 bet pre flop, then fire the standard C bet on the flop.  Maybe fire a second barrel, but then hardly ever 3 barrel as a bluff. 

I thought this description perfectly fit this particular opponent.  I had seen him raise pre flop and fire c bets nearly 100%.  Once he was called on the flop, he would occasionally fire second barrels, but mostly would shut down.

The turn call I guess could be seen as bad, given that he wasn't often betting the turn as a bluff.  I definitely thought there was a big chance he would check/fold on the river though.  Plus I had *some* equity.


The main thing I was happy with, was how I directly applied something that I learnt from my studying. 


Recap next weeks goals: 


Play 50 games with 25 of them at the $50 level.
Carry on reading 'The poker mindset'.
At least one foosball practice session before Fridays tournament.
Be an awesome husband (slave) on valentines day.

No comments:

Post a Comment