Friday, February 10, 2012

Poker, Poker, Snow, Poker, and Poker.



I am gonna have the song in the post, that way you can listen whilst you read. :P 


Sorry its been a little while, I've got a tad lazy with blogging due to a small downswing.  I have been trying to play as much as possible as long as I'm playing well.


Anyways, onto the stats for the month:




I was actually around $600 profit after about the first 4-5 days, but as mentioned I have run into a little downswing.  I'm pretty happy with the volume I'm putting in right now, and have been tinkering with the idea of increasing my volume goal (350 games) for the month.  


Next weekend I will be at a foosball tournament though, and the weekends I normally play far more than in the week.  

You may notice some $20s in there, and not many $50s.  The reason for the lack of $50s was because of the downswing.  Its pretty nitty I know, but at least this way I know I will never go busto!  The reason for the $20s is because there was a day where the $30s were running slow.  I needed to make use of the time as best I could.  




Altho I'm still prone to speeding up my timing when I'm in a downswing, I've been overall satisfied with my decision making.  I mean this mostly when I think about how bad I have been in the past during periods like this.  The Poker Mindset book is definitely helping me play better, and also has given me a real hunger to put volume in!


A new poker buddy made:

I recently contacted someone who used to play on the professional foosball tour around 6 years ago.  He quit foosball to play poker fulltime, and so I wanted to know what he was doing since black friday.  Talking with him has been really great.  He specializes in cash games, but its easy to see that he has a great knowledge of the game.  He's been very helpful, and I'm glad I decided to contact him.  I have used donk betting a lot more since speaking with him, and I really think its good vs other regs at the lower levels.  I know I don't like it when a player donk bets into me with a considerable frequency!




I will write something about what else is going on in my life on Sunday.  Having said that, it must be told that almost all of my free time recently has been spent either at the gym or grinding at the tables!  Makes for a boring post I know, but I suppose its a good thing!  :P


Good luck with whatever it is you're aiming for!  



No comments:

Post a Comment