Friday, November 4, 2011

$136 / per hour...

Was my hourly rate last night.  This is why people want to play poker.  They achieve this once, and think they can ditch their job and do this consistently.  At the stakes I'm playing, unfortunately that's just not possible.

Results:

$23's  W3 - L0
$34.50's W3 - L0

Total bankroll:  $1252.50 

I'm under no illusion that I can continue at this pace, but at the same time only one of the matches I played, I should have lost.  I got it in with KT on a T42 board, villain had QQ, and I rivered a T to make 3 of a kind.  Yum. 

Also, I'm not sure how good/bad this play was, but it felt right at the time:

Blinds 25-50

Hero:  2100 chips
Villain: 900 chips


Hero: Jd Js
Hero raises to 100, Villain calls.


Flop:  9c 5h 2c  Pot: 200
Villain bets 100, hero calls.


Turn: Kd   Pot:  400
Villain bets 100, hero raises to 320, villain goes all in (700 chips total), hero calls.


River: 8d

Villain shows Ad 9d for a pair of 9's.
Hero wins the match. 


Villain hadn't lead out on the flop once the whole match, and I had continue bet almost every flop so I didnt think his bet was with a 9 in his hand.  As a result I didn't raise, because I didnt think much of his range would continue on future streets.  I would rather let him bluff.  When the K came, and he bet 100 into 400.  Whenever he had bet small in big pots, he was weak.  I had seen him bet 70% of the pot when he had top pair type hands.  So I raised looking to call an all-in bet.  By this point, I put him on a weak 9 (something like 97) or a flush draw.  I duno if others would call the all-in bet there, but it felt right with the info I had at the time.

Anyways, more importantly I didn't play much last night which is dissapointing.  At the higher stakes, this is the difference between being satisfied with $4k months, or pushing on and getting $10k+ months.  I need to continue, especially when I'm playing well.  One reason I didn't continue is because I felt an early night would do me good, and I am expecting to play 40+ games between friday-sunday.  I am afraid of burning myself out, and playing badly on the weekend.  The weekend is obviously where more recreational players play, therefor the action is faster, and the games are easier.

No multi tabling, again!  *slaps self in the face*.  Must play some multitabling tonight.  No excuses.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment