Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tuesday 1st Nov results

This is my graph since I started playing on Carbon Poker.  A pretty horrible downswing, which to be honest left me wondering if I can even still beat the game at the low stakes.  After looking at my Expected Value (EV) graph on my PokerTracker3 software, I was around 60,000 tournament chips below EV for the month of september, which is where the majority of this downswing happened.  Considering each game begins with 1500 tournament chips each, thats a lot of chips! 


Results last night:


$34.50 W1 - L0
$23      W6 - L3


Current Bankroll:  


$1060

Last night was pretty fun.  I tend to play in sets of 5 games (one at a time) with a break in between 1st set of 5 and 2nd to stay focused. I ended my first set at W3-L2.  I occasionally play the 34.50s mostly when I'm not getting action fast in the 23s (remember that Carbon Poker has less than 10% of players that Fulltilt poker had) so decided to play a 34.50 at the beginning of my second session.  Once I won that, the action picked up in the 23s again and I was able to go 3-1 to make around $90 for the night.  Made a couple of mistakes in 2 of the matches I lost, but generally played pretty solid.

That is about a 20% of my monthly goal, but I'm not going to re-evaluate my goal just yet.  
I'm pretty conservative with my bankroll so don't want to take too many shots at the $34.50s without at least 50 buyins (~$1725), as I fear it might affect me too much mentally if I play them and run bad against bad players. 


At some point I'm going to have to learn to multi table, because its going to be difficult to play 400 games a month single tabling.  I have a beautiful wife and baby girl, and a full time job, so balancing this would be a lot easier if I can play 2 games at a time!  I think I will start by playing maybe 1 or 2 sets of 2 tables tonight, just to dip my toe in the water...


Results to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment