Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November update / December goals / Foosball world cup

Hey everyone, its been a little while.  I am currently writing this from work so am unable to post exact stats or graphs.  I plan to give this information when I get home though. 

 Overall I have been happy with my results for November and am currently sitting around 56% winrate with 383 games played.  Only 17 to play tonight to reach my volume goal of 400! 

On the face of things 56% winrate may not sound that great, but I have been told by numerous people that if you are going to be playing exlusively turbos, then a good ROI is anywhere between 5-10%.  My ROI currently lies around 7%. 

Stats, and graphs to follow tonight but lets talk about December.  I think I am going to have a hard time playing another 400 games in December for a couple of reasons.  Obviously there is going to be christmas commitments like work party, spending time with family etc, but also the ITSF (international table soccer federation) foosball world cup takes place in January.  I am pretty out of practice having not played any foosball since September, where I won 2 pro level world titles in Dallas.  So travelling to France in January, I want to make sure I'm in the best shape I can be. 


For December I plan to start going to the gym 3 times a week again.  I have fallen off this wagon since september, but I definitely feel it helped me not only in foosball, but in life in general.  Working out makes you feel good, there is no denying that. I also plan to get a few practice sessions of foosball in at my father in law's house.

  So the combination of christmas and gym/foosball time means I am going to set a semi conservative goal of 350 games.  I am going to start at the $33's and allow myself to move down if I have a negative ROI after 75 games.  Playing the $33's has really been no different to the $23's, so I just need to knuckle down and get some volume in.  It would be different if I had regular players sitting me, but for the most part other winning players seem to avoid me which tells me I'm doing something right.  I am going to set my winrate goal to be 55% again.  If this month goes according to plan, then I plan to take some shots at the $50s in January. 

On a side note, I have played a $23 regular a bunch of times this month and I will continue to sit him whenever I see him in a lobby.  He has a positive win rate and a decent shark scope graph but is just as easy as playing a really bad player in my opinion!  He is so static in his strategy, and I have reads on him now that make it so easy to play him given that he never adjusts. 
 I normally avoid getting into reg wars with anyone, because its not worth it financially, but this guy... lol..

Anyways, stats and graphs to follow tonight.  Hope everyone reading this is doing well in whatever they are doing! 



No comments:

Post a Comment